The clinical practice of optometry for the pediatric patients is done to reduce the risk of vision loss and facilitate normal visual development. This pediatric population can be applied to patients between birth and 18 years of age. The pediatric patients are divided into 3 categories. They are infants and toddlers (birth to 2 years, 11 months), preschool children (3 years to 5 years, 11 months), school age children (6 to 18 years). The visual acuity of the infants’ visual system has developed rapidly by the age of 6 months.
- Track 1-1 Visual Acuity
- Track 2-2 Fixation Maintenance Test
- Track 3-3 Fixation Preference Test
- Track 4-4 Vertical Optokinetic Nystagmus
- Track 5-5 Vestibular-Ocular Reflex
- Track 6-6 Retinoscopy
- Track 7-7 Binocular Vision Testing