It is a study that deals with generation of electromagnetic radiation, properties of that radiation. It is also deals with the interaction of that radiation with the matter. The researchers develop the light source that span the electromagnetic radiation from microwaves to X-rays. This includes the generation and detection of light and linear and nonlinear process. Some of the applications are low coherence interferometry, spectroscopy, and Laser spectroscopy. The application optical science creates advancements in medicine, manufacturing, communication and entertainment.
- Track 1-1 Superposition and Interference
- Track 2-2 Diffraction and Optical Resolution
- Track 3-3 Kapitsa-Dirac Effect
- Track 4-4 Optical Geometrics
- Track 5-5 Quantum Nano-Optics
- Track 6-6 Ultrafast Lasers
- Track 7-7 Quantum Gases