This is a type of communication in which the light will carry the information. This communication uses Transmitter, channel and receiver. The transmitter encodes the message into an optical signal. The channel carries the signal to the destination. The receiver reproduces the message from the optical signal. The main advantage of the optical communication is we can transmit more information, Low power loss, and they are immune to electrical interference. This has high secrecy in the communication. The disadvantage of this communication is it is expensive. There are different modes in the optical communication which is used with wide range of applications.
- Track 1-1 Optical Fiber Communication
- Track 2-2 Optical Signal Communication
- Track 3-3 Development in Optical Fiber Communications
- Track 4-4 Design Management and Optical Networks
- Track 5-5 Novel Optical Networks Element