It is a flexible transparent fiber made by drawing glass to a diameter slightly thicker than a human hair. Optical fibers are used most often as means to transmit light from one end to other end. This fiber optics is mainly used for communication where the transmission can be done over a long distance with higher bandwidths. Specially designed fiber optics is used as fiber sensors and fiber lasers. They are also used as light guides and decorative materials. This is also used in imaging optics and optical amplifier.
- Track 1-1 Principle of Operation
- Track 2-2 Mechanisms of Attenuation
- Track 3-3 Advanced Optical Sensors
- Track 4-4 Advanced Optical Fibers
- Track 5-5 Optical Products